2016 Study of Donor Management Systems
The Donor Management System (DMS) is a core application for many nonprofits and is the hub for fundraising, donor record management, and online engagement. Our annual Lehman Reports DMS Study documents nonprofit use of and satisfaction with donor management products and services and is undertaken in collaboration with NTEN. While we provide high quality information for nonprofit decision makers, the study is primarily geared towards the needs of technology providers.
- What are the most commonly used Donor Management Systems (DMS)? What are our market share in our most important market segments?
- How often do nonprofits upgrade or change their DMS? What are major decision criteria?
- How satisfied are nonprofits with donor management systems? In what areas are they most satisfied? Least satisfied?
- How do these satisfaction ratings by my customers compare with those of my competitors? What are my best points of differentiation?
- Which of these areas are most and least important to these nonprofits? How might this impact our product road map? The capabilities we highlight in our marketing?
- How do these satisfaction and importance ratings vary by nonprofit size and type? By our target market segments?
- What are the most attractive market segments for adding new customers? How can we best address those prospects?
The Lehman Reports study of donor management systems has answers
The Lehman Reports Donor Management Study is designed to address these questions to help both provider companies and associations be more successful.
A summary report geared around the needs of nonprofit decision makers is available at no cost. A detailed market and competitive analysis designed for provider companies is available by subscription.